22-May-2017 | Knowledge-Hub
When selecting furniture for upcoming projects there are many aspects that need to be considered, some of which are the requirements of the applicable Australian Standards.
Standards Australia is the peak non-government, not-for-profit Standards
When looking at our Commercial and Healthcare Furniture Industries, the standards ensure that the products consistently perform in the manner that they are intended. They are used to improve health and safety while supporting the economy, using our natural resources efficiently and improving our
Some of the criteria that are considered in the designing, supplying and manufacturing of furniture are:
- Selecting the correct seating to meet ergonomic requirements
- Performance of fabrics and vinyl’s for the intended use
- Solid timber versus laminate in the durability of selected surfaces
- Fire retardant foams in all commercial applications
- Consideration of renewable and sustainable materials
- Sizes and design of furniture to ensure comfort and safety
- The consideration of the static and dynamic weight loads in seating
- Occupational health and safety requirements for users
- The latest trends from here and around the world
The main benefit to businesses is that if furniture is manufactured to Australian Standards then consumers can have confidence in the products and that they will do the job for which they are intended for in a safe and reliable way.
Working with an experienced supplier will ensure that these and many more factors will be taken into consideration when developing your next project.